On Saturday, the Giants will host BAWSI Night, honoring Bay Area women athletes and encouraging girls and women to pursue their goals. With the purchase of a special ticket for the Reds-Giants game, fans can attend a pregame Q&A session led by soccer star Brandi Chastain, one of the co-founders of the Bay Area Women’s Sports Initiative.
The panel participants will be honored in a pregame ceremony at 5:30 and then will greet fans and sign autographs at the Community Clubhouse during the first two innings of the game.
Here’s who’s scheduled to be there:
- Monica Abbott and Vicky Galindo, USA Softball members
- Dawn Riley, captain of the first all-female ship in the America’s Cup
- Susan Armenta, U.S. women’s record holder in racewalking
- Sissi, Brazilian soccer star and 1999 World Cup Golden Boot winner
- Sharon Kelleher, former top ranked women’s paraplegic tennis player
- Chelsea Spencer, National Pro Fastpitch and University of California Berkeley alumna